SLAB LEAK DETECTION IN DALLAS
Finding Even the Most Hidden Leak
Some plumbing leaks, like a dripping faucet or a leak under the sink, are easy to spot. Others, however, stay out of sight, causing damage not only to the structural integrity of your home but also to your health. Fortunately, the plumbers at One Source Plumbing are experts when it comes to accurate leak detection and repair. Whether you are dealing with a visible fixture leak or a hidden slab leak, we are trained, experienced, and equipped to find and fix it in no time. Since 2011, homeowners throughout the Dallas-Fort Worth Metropolitan Area have relied on us for fast, reliable leak detection. We are ready to help you as well.
DIAL OR SUBMIT AN ONLINE CONTACT FORM TO GET STARTED!
Signs of a Slab Leak
Slab leaks are the most destructive type of plumbing leak. They occur under the slab foundation of your home, so they can remain undetected for a long time. The good news is, slab leaks have several indicators.
The most common signs of a slab leak include:
- A spike in your water bill
- Sound of dripping water when all faucets are off
- Damp carpet or warped hardwood flooring
- Water pooling where it shouldn’t be
- Water stains on walls and ceilings
- Mold growth
Once you’ve noticed any of the signs on the list, contact our slab leak detection plumbers right away. We can come to your home the same day you call to find and fix your slab leak quickly and efficiently.
How Do You Get a Slab Leak?
- Foundation Movement – Pipes can break when a foundation shifts due to an earthquake or settling. The increase in pressure can cause pipes to split or enough movement can cause breakage to occur.
- Corrosion – Corrosion is generally more common in hot water pipes, but it can take place in cold pipes as well. Depending on the chemistry of surrounding soil, corrosion can happen slower or more quickly than average.
- Abrasion – Temperature changes cause pipes to move. Enough movement and rough contact with surrounding surfaces can wear down pipes enough to create holes.
- Old Age – As pipes weaken with age, the chances of a breakdown increase. A plumbing system that has not been cared for will also have a shorter lifespan and increased chance of failure.
- Improper Installation – Pipes that suffered damage during installation will be much more likely to break over time. Failing to check the quality of pipes during installation can be a critical mistake.
Call for a Leak Repair in Dallas Today
Save yourself the expense and the hassle of a plumbing leak. One Source Plumbing is the only name you need to remember when one of your fixtures or plumbing pipes has sprung a leak. No matter if it’s a gushing burst pipe or a pinhole slab leak, we ensure accurate leak detection and quality repair.